Google Analytics: A must have analytics tool coming directly from Google
Google Analytics provides corporate-level web analytics for free. This tool is absolutely necessary for intelligent digital marketing, measuring advertising ROI and website performance. It is available for websites, apps, and enterprise businesses.
To start using GA, you’’ll need to set up your Google Analytics using your primary Google (Gmail) account. Don’t allow other people to create a GA account for you under their email accounts, or they’ll take all your data if you part ways! Once your GA account is set up, click the Get Tracking ID button to get your Google Analytics code. Then install this code on every page of your site (the installation process depends on what type of website you have).
To give you an idea what questions GA can answer:
- How many people visit my website monthly, daily, or in any given period?
- Where do my visitors live, what do they like, what are their interests?
- What websites send traffic to my website?
- What SEO tactics drive the most traffic to my website?
- Which pages on my website are the most popular?
- How many visitors have I converted into leads or customers?
- Where did my converting visitors come from?
- How can I improve my website’s performance?